Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time leaps

Wednesday leapt at me and devoured me. Now it is Thursday. I have scarcely been awake and here it is 9:30.

Time is an interesting concept. You realize, if you can grasp it, that there is no past, really. We create it out of stuff which we keep around, either paper (such as that which must be collected for the tax man), posessions, or memories (good and bad).

Long ago when I was young, I thought you never escaped your past. But you do, constantly, you know. Time is a concept.

For instance, we assume that we have barriers beyond which we can't reach. One is space, another time. And yet, the Internet, the phone, the TV, the webcam -- all are defeating space. And time -- ha! I've sometimes been in better communication with the author of a good book than with my neighbors.


There are those who believe we are dust unto dust. I am quite sure (myself) that I am apart from the physical universe and can transcend it, even so simply as in the reading of a book. And when I write, I am reaching out to you. Do you hear me?

Here's more on the relationship of spirit and the world.

No comments: